Motability Madness

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby Kimosabe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:05 pm

There is no exit off the A27 until he reaches the Devil's Dyke roundabout (a mile back up the A27 behind me) and even then he's got a whole lot of navigating to do.

(edited by admin to correct youtube hyperlink)
A wise man once told me that "it depends". I sometimes agree.
Kimosabe

Postby Kimosabe » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:24 pm

The Argus reporter who called me said that the man had become lost after leaving a train station. Now the Newsgroup want to act like an agent for anyone else who wants to use my footage of him and they are going to pay me money for every time it's used. I would like to find the old guy and give it to him as he was the star of the show.

UPDATE: Just spoken with the TO who dealt with this and she is going to call me on Sunday if she has been able to find the old guy again. Every cloud.
Kimosabe

Postby jasonh » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Can you tell us how far into the video the action is? I haven't got 15 minutes to watch your driving with my head tilted to correct the odd camera angle. :lol:
IAM April 2008
jasonh

Postby jcochrane » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:00 pm

jasonh wrote:Can you tell us how far into the video the action is? I haven't got 15 minutes to watch your driving with my head tilted to correct the odd camera angle. :lol:

Right at the start on the left hatchings. 8 seconds in.
Last edited by jcochrane on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby fungus » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:36 pm

We had one locally travelling towards Poole on the A350 Holes Bay Road a few years ago. This one wasn't lost, but was making his way to Poole to do his shopping. He was removed from the dual carriageway by the police and taken home.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=50.732001,-1 ... 0,44.999,0
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby Kimosabe » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:55 pm

jasonh wrote:Can you tell us how far into the video the action is? I haven't got 15 minutes to watch your driving with my head tilted to correct the odd camera angle. :lol:

I'm surprised you didn't go insane after 5 minutes of it :wink:

The odd camera angle is due to the way the camera is installed behind my rear view mirror, where it cannot be seen.

The Police constable who helped this man back to safety did all she could do to help me find him again but to no avail. The Argus haven't paid me for the clip either, so it's all stagnated. Anyway, I hope he is well and staying clear of Motorways.
Kimosabe

Postby Horse » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Eek . . . :shock:
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Kimosabe » Sun May 26, 2013 6:01 pm

I used the opportunity of contact with C1 driver (who picked him up and took him home) to ask if they wouldn't mind if I sat in the back for a few shifts but heard nothing back.
Kimosabe

Postby Ralge » Mon May 27, 2013 8:06 am

jcochrane wrote:

Right at the start on the left hatchings. 8 seconds in.

Note for myself.
Ah ha, take the time to read down a post or two and you can avoid having to watch the whole video, sure that there must be something to see within the clip.
D'oh.
Whatever happened to video editing software?
Fleet ADI, RoSPA Dip, RoADTest examiner.
Ralge

Return to Advanced Driving Forum