Roadcraft on Steering

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby vonhosen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:02 pm

gjohns wrote:I hear a whisper that Peter Rodger is about to issue an edict to the effect that fixed grip is disapproved.

Has it materialised?
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby TripleS » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:22 pm

vonhosen wrote:
gjohns wrote:I hear a whisper that Peter Rodger is about to issue an edict to the effect that fixed grip is disapproved.

Has it materialised?

Let's hope it doesn't, otherwise Peter Rodger will devalue himself. Fixed grip is just one of several perfectly valid steering methods. :P

Best wishes all,
David.
TripleS

Postby Porker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:03 pm

hir wrote:
Porker wrote:
Kimosabe wrote:I was told by my RoSPA observer only to use PP, because I had briefly used Fixed Input to negotiate a bend. The reason given was that because it is the favoured method used by racing drivers, it encourages a more aggressive racing style of driving.

Words fail me.

P.

Let's think about this... how about a form of words along the lines of... "he's an idiot", will that do? :lol:

Fair point. The expression that first came to mind would have been automatically rendered into asterisks.
Porker

Postby f3racer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:33 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:
Kimosabe wrote:I have failed and will now write it out a hundred times. What's you're address so I can post you a copy? :wink:

:) , all fun.
Btw, ask your Observer which racing drivers racing modern cars, across all Formulae, use PP.

Most racing drivers use PP to some extent - specifically when they get into their road car to go home after an event! On the track it would never work, unless you want to be off the track very quickly.
f3racer

Previous

Return to Advanced Driving Forum