Motorway Barge

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby triquet » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:56 am

Mmm. Yes, looks very nice. May have to wait a few years for depreciation to take its toll before I can afford one.

Mind you, diesels may have gone out of fashion completely by then (and VED so silly) that I might be able to snap one up for peanuts ...
Jim
Offshore Engineer and Master of Music
triquet

Postby triquet » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Please to report just passed IAM in the barge. Only real problem was a slighty (ahem) "progressive" overtake ...
Jim
Offshore Engineer and Master of Music
triquet

Postby skodatezzer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:59 pm

triquet wrote:Please to report just passed IAM in the barge. Only real problem was a slighty (ahem) "progressive" overtake ...

Congratulations!! ADUK driving days now......
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby jameslb101 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 pm

waremark wrote:James, has your dad converted the Merc to LPG?

Nope, he only does 10k a year so decided it wasn't really necessary. If it were mine, with the mileage I do, I'd get it gassed straight away.

triquet wrote:Please to report just passed IAM in the barge. Only real problem was a slighty (ahem) "progressive" overtake ...

Congrats!
jameslb101

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Well done, now you can appreciate that it's not what you drive but how you drive.
Thing is to keep up the standard and further refine your driving.
Always a commentary, spoken or not.
Keeps one safe. One hopes.
WhoseGeneration

Postby true blue » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 pm

waremark wrote:How dare you? It looks lovely!

I never said the XF didn't look good - only that it didn't trounce the XK8 for looks! Performance, economy, gadgetry, space etc. are all lost causes though - surely I'm allowed one thing to feel good about with the XK8!
true blue

Postby waremark » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:02 pm

true blue wrote:
waremark wrote:How dare you? It looks lovely!

I never said the XF didn't look good - only that it didn't trounce the XK8 for looks! Performance, economy, gadgetry, space etc. are all lost causes though - surely I'm allowed one thing to feel good about with the XK8!

Granted. I also thought your Jag still drove very well. Progress in recent years has been mainly on economy and gadetry, and probably also on safety. Before the latest furore about the dangers of diesel I might also have said on consideration for the environment.
waremark

Postby trashbat » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Congratulations from me as well. Hope to see you at some ADUK days too 8)
Rob - IAM F1RST, Alfa Romeo 156 JTS
trashbat

Postby Rick101 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Have always been tempted by an RS4 Avant.

Camping in style though I'd probably explode if the kids got any mud on the mats!
Rick101

Previous

Return to Advanced Driving Forum