Local IAM group are dragging their heels

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:11 pm

I've never understood this argument regarding steering.

I just move my hands about a bit, which in turn moves the steering wheel to the appropriate angle, which results in the vehicle following the road, as opposed to ending up in a tree, or a bit of street furniture. :mrgreen:
TheInsanity1234

Postby fengpo » Sun May 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Must be predictive he mentioned my hands being at 9 - 3 towards the end of the bend ready for the next bend. I went up some nasty lanes yesterday afternoon to practice the steering method. Executed a nice overtake on the way, was happy with my judgment no one was injured. Overtaking cyclists is a hazard perception test in itself!

Ps I think Silk just tries to stir the pot, to little effect now.
fengpo

Postby akirk » Sun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm

StressedDave wrote:Now can we please just leave the matter alone because I'm getting worried that we haven't done BGOL to death yet and if we concentrate on steering, we're never going to get than one put to bed.

I thought that with automated cars coming, we no longer care about Brakes / Gears or Steering! :)

Alasdair
akirk

Postby Silk » Sun May 03, 2015 6:45 pm

StressedDave wrote:He's calling you a troll.

No, I don't believe that. :shock:
Silk

Postby TripleS » Mon May 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:The only tool in Silk's bag, Mark, is a large wooden spoon. The skill for us lies in recognising when it's been deployed :)

Oh I think I've given you plenty of opportunities to hone that particular skill. 8)
TripleS

Postby TripleS » Mon May 04, 2015 6:58 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:I've never understood this argument regarding steering.

I just move my hands about a bit, which in turn moves the steering wheel to the appropriate angle, which results in the vehicle following the road, as opposed to ending up in a tree, or a bit of street furniture. :mrgreen:

Heh, you seem to have reached a situation in a few months that took me several decades to achieve. I must be a slow learner, or maybe not much of a learner at all. :lol:
TripleS

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:22 pm

TripleS wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:I've never understood this argument regarding steering.

Heh, you seem to have reached a situation in a few months that took me several decades to achieve. I must be a slow learner, or maybe not much of a learner at all. :lol:

Or perhaps, I'm a very fast learner :lol:
TheInsanity1234

Previous

Return to Advanced Driving Forum