Driver Psychology

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby Gareth » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:06 pm

Shades of Separation_Master ...
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby hir » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:22 pm

kewlcol wrote: ... well I hope I don't have to share the same road with at any time. Small minded self opinionated smug big headed bastards I think is a fairly loose way of describing you.

Wow! I trust that your Road Rage isn't as easily triggered as your Forum Rage. :shock: :shock: :shock:

You previuosly posted... "And you don't know me, so I don't think you are qualified to comment on my coping mechanisms". Well, now I think we do. We can only respond to your written word and, not to put too fine a point on it, it seems that you have an anger management issue. Not only with other drivers but also with the perfectly reasonable forum posters on here.
hir

Postby Ancient » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:49 pm

gannet wrote:
kewlcol wrote:And how do you know I don't hold an IAM membership or belong to a local group of advanced motorists. I do as it 'appens. And I tell you something now. We are all a very friendly bunch. We all respect each others opinions and all share quite similar feelings about road safety and 'other' road users. Your groups may be different but I fit in nicely with mine.

was it me, or did kewlcol on another thread indicate they weren't IAM or ROSPA trained... citing lack of funds...

I suggest we don't feed the trolls anymore...

oh and yes, good post hir

:lol: well yes...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4880&p=99571#p99571
kewlcol wrote:New to forum, ...
I'm not a qualified advanced driver, nor would I class myself as one, although it is something I want to achieve....

differs a little from
kewlcol wrote:And how do you know I don't hold an IAM membership or belong to a local group of advanced motorists. I do as it 'appens.

I wonder which was the fib :lol: Or maybe the 'local group of advanced motorists' is just a set of mates who meet down the pub to moan about other drivers :P
Ancient

Postby hir » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:47 pm

kewlcol wrote:
Mr Toad - you are a complete idiot. Another one I hope I don't meet on the road. I would imagine you are an aggressive driver. And if your driving is as bad as your photography well ......

That's pretty pathetic. :shock:

kewlcol wrote:And Dave - " a very experienced, skilled, and considerate driver". How do you know he is. That's opinion. I might think he is a careless, aggressive nuisance on the road. And I know one thing Dave. I AM an experienced, skilled and considerate driver. More so than many on this forum I would suggest. Can you actually drive?

That's even more pathetic. :shock: :shock:

kewlcol wrote:Hir - I am happy that I'm a good driver. And how do you know I don't hold an IAM membership or belong to a local group of advanced motorists.

Well, which is it? IAM membership OR belong to a local group of advanced motorists? Or both? You said earlier that you weren't an advanced driver and couldn't afford to do an advanced driving course.

See, it's getting more and more pathetic. :shock: :shock: :shock:

kewlcol wrote:Sorry to be leaving and I thank one or two people for their positive comments. The rest ... well I hope I don't have to share the same road with at any time. Small minded self opinionated smug big headed bastards I think is a fairly loose way of describing you.

Well, I've already described this diatribe as pathetic. If anyone needs further evidence there it is. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
hir

Postby TripleS » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:38 pm

kewlcol wrote:It has been an experience taking a part of this forum. Unfortunately I think it is time to leave. I really am dumbfounded that there are people on here who may think of themselves as 'advanced drivers'.

Mr Toad - you are a complete idiot. Another one I hope I don't meet on the road. I would imagine you are an aggressive driver. And if your driving is as bad as your photography well ......

And Dave - " a very experienced, skilled, and considerate driver". How do you know he is. That's opinion. I might think he is a careless, aggressive nuisance on the road. And I know one thing Dave. I AM an experienced, skilled and considerate driver. More so than many on this forum I would suggest. Can you actually drive?

Yes, I believe it is fair to say I can drive, though I wouldn't want to make unjustified claims as to the quality of it. For what it is worth, I believe my driving amounts to a safe and pleasant style with a good rate of smooth progress when I feel like it. In any case, I've been doing it for 57 years without causing much trouble, so it probably isn't that bad.

As for Chris, I've met him several times and driven with him, and I can tell you that your doubts are wholly unjustified. I count him as a friend, and he does not deserve to receive the style of response that you, to your discredit, produced when he offered a perfectly reasonable opinion.

I'm sorry this has gone so badly wrong, guys, but unfortunately it has.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby revian » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Small minded self opinionated smug big headed bastards

Thank goodness the Pleb word wasn't used...there might have been a court case.

I'm sorry he (if you are still reading, kewlcol) went ... but I can't understand the attitude he came in with. Maybe some people just don't fit on-line forums. I'm still wondering...

I'm sure you're all nice :D

Ian
Wirral
revian

Postby skodatezzer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Ooh, do you think he's gone? Is it safe to come out now? Wonder if that was wozzisname that was on before - oh yeah, Cupraray, in disguise!! :twisted: :twisted:
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby hir » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Gareth wrote:Shades of Separation_Master ...

I recalled reading under the “Signatures” thread here on ADUK sometime ago: Those who have been watching Dom's immolation over on PistonHeads will note that TPFKAS (No, not Prince, but the poster formerly known as SeparationMaster)…

… when suddenly, I've no idea why, I was drawn to this entry in Wikipedia...

In Greek mythology, the Lernaean Hydra (Greek: Λερναία Ὓδρα) was an ancient serpent-like water monster with reptilian traits. It possessed many heads – the poets mention more heads than the vase-painters could paint – and for each head cut off it grew two more.

The Hydra was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna (Theogony, 313), both of whom were noisome offspring of the earth goddess Gaia.

Perhaps it is the ghastly realisation that... for each head cut off it grew two more... that concerns me most. :(
hir

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:24 pm

TheInsanity1234

Postby martine » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Oh dear quite spectacular end to this initially promising thread...locked.

PS I've also banned kewicol for an abusive post.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Previous

Return to Advanced Driving Forum