Back again

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby Sru_1980 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi all, I know I've been away for a while, been a difficult few years since losing my dad. My driving skills deteriorated somewhat (I feel bad about letting that happen :oops: ) but I've recently started driving as if I'm on my AD test again, and have found I haven't forgotten any of the AD I've learnt, just a bit rusty! I'd like to re-join the forum and maybe tag along on a couple of AD-UK days to bolster my skills.
Sru_1980

Postby martine » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Well hello...it's been a while!

Just to remind everyone - how far did you get with driving...I seem to remember you were preparing for your ROSPA test?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Sru_1980 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Yep, got to going for an observed drive (with Chris Gleed) but didn't actually do the test.
Sru_1980

Postby MrToad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Welcome back! Have you still got the diesel Corsa, (or was it a Felicia)?

The Shropshire day is in a week's time. The Essex day is next up, and then I'm running one in the Brecons on 13 June - a bit of a journey, but excellent roads and quite a few of the people you'll remember.
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Welcome back, Ursula! I remember being very impressed with your driving, and I'm glad to hear you haven't forgotten all your skills. Tests aren't the be-all and end-all, they're just a simple yardstick. It'll be good to have you back on a driving day or two, if you're feeling so inclined.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Sru_1980 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:27 pm

I now have a 1 litre (don't laugh!) Vauxhall Corsa, the Felicia blew up :lol: the head gasket went on it. I like the car I've got now, (called her Jade) bit slow to get going sometimes, much like me in the mornings, but she can certainly go when she wants to! Will look out for more local driving days - bit tight on the financial front so need to consider fuel costs. Thanks for the welcome back :)
Sru_1980

Return to Advanced Driving Forum