What has happened to all the roads in Surrey?

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby Garrison » Mon May 25, 2015 9:00 am

StressedDave wrote:<piss take mode>
And I wouldn't trust Garrison's opinion... I have seen him drive! :evil: :mrgreen:
</piss take mode>

:mrgreen:
Garrison

Postby ChristianAB » Tue May 26, 2015 7:24 pm

@StressedDave

I am trying to be really smooth in how I put the power down in 1st and 2nd gear. It can still be slightly jerky at times when the TC is off. Something I would have no chance of correcting if the TC is on, I believe. You have a point though, maybe the issue is elsewhere.

You are also right about the lack of space if one has a "moment" and all, but then again, I accept the risk and will generally drive slower as a result/etc/etc. And I certainly would have bought the car had it been offered without TC (even more so actually). This goes to the other point which is that with each additional safety measures, TC, ABS, lower speed limits, etc, you end up eventually not driving the car at all (cue google cars).
ChristianAB

Postby ChristianAB » Tue May 26, 2015 8:00 pm

@ Astraist

Please read my earlier post: I took the roundabout slightly faster than the icy conditions allowed on purpose, to see what the reaction (car and driver) would be with the TC on and off. Also, it was just to find out which setting would feel more instinctively "natural". But I feel that this is the wrong thread for this topic, especially since there is so much to be said about what to do when a car oversteers/understeers in a low-grip situation. In fact, I'm still reading about it on this forum. :shock:
ChristianAB

Previous

Return to Advanced Driving Forum