Hi:)

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby Vincent » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:09 am

hi there im new to the forum, just wondered what the best advice is to get started and aim to qualify as an adavanced driver. Im from the coventry area im 23 and am lookin to purchase a subaru impreza in the next few months.

Im want to be a good safe driver and learn everything i can about driving. Also ive heard you get significant benefits from insurance companies. Any advice would be great! thanks Vincent
Vincent

Postby jibberjabber25 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:34 am

Hi Vincent. :)

I'm just starting out too, I'm 19 and I joined the IAM in June. I have yet to officially have an observer though. Unfortunately the waiting list in my area is quite long so please be prepared for a long wait.

I say advanced driving's great, and you should go for it. Personally I wouldn't count too much on getting much of an insurance discount...I think some companies don't give one at all. However, there is a good article about this on the left hand side..."Car Insurance Tips".

There are a few options you can take with advanced driving. I went for the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists), but there is also RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents also known as RoADA - RoSPA Advanced Driver's Association) and HPC (High Performance Club).

Those are the 3 options that I know of...but as I said I'm just starting out, so I'm not so sure that there aren't any more.

There are others here who can give you much more help, I just happened to come across your post at this time of the morning. :shock:

Good luck!
jibberjabber25.
IAM Qualified Observer
jibberjabber25

Postby Roadcraft » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:30 am

HI Vincent..

welcome to the forum...

I'm sure you'll find lots on here to interest you...

Tell me though...Why an Impreza?

What do you drive at present?
Roadcraft

Postby madmoggy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:15 am

Hi Vincent
If its discount off your insurance you're after, have a look at the link on the left about Max Driver. Adrian Flux give an additional 25% off (although I dont know how much they may add before the discount IYSWIM).
madmoggy

Return to Advanced Driving Forum