Hi Everybody

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby Kawasaki-krazy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:56 pm

Just thought I'd introduce myself as a newbie

I'm an ex motorcycle instructor (quite a few years ago, not long after they introduced the CBT) but looking to get back up to speed and maybe do a bit part time now I've got the kids off my hands.
My regular commuter is a GTR1000 and I also have a 'Sunday best' Kawasaki ZL1000, also a 'project' ZL400 (which my daughter thinks I'm doing up for her :roll: )
Got some interesting topics on here but I think its better just to lurk for a while (unless something really winds me up) and have a read through the rest of the posts first.

Cheers for now

KK
Kawasaki-krazy

Postby ROG » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:16 pm

WELCOME FROM
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby BillZZR600 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

And also welcome from another Kwaker
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Postby martine » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:55 pm

Welcome also...from a 'classic' Z650C3 (1979 - mine since new) owner.

The biking forum is a little light on posts/members but the more the merrier...spread the word (and the word is www.advanced-driving.co.uk!).
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby AlistairL » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:37 pm

Kawasaki-krazy wrote:Just thought I'd introduce myself as a newbie

I'm an ex motorcycle instructor (quite a few years ago, not long after they introduced the CBT) but looking to get back up to speed and maybe do a bit part time now I've got the kids off my hands.

Hi There,

Our regular moderator is off on holiday, which makes it even quieter than normal. Did you instruct in Scotland?

Regards

Alistair.
AlistairL, from Scotland.
AlistairL

Postby Kawasaki-krazy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:21 pm

Thanks for the replies. Good to see a few other Kwaks on here.

Alistair, I'm a Yorkshire lad actually and did my instructing in Bradford & later took a 'franchise' in Skipton, but had to give up because there weren't enough sheep that wanted to learn to ride a bike. (No literally there are only fields and sheep all around Skipton). Now living just north of Aberdeen. I have to be honest, I miss the instructing.
I did the BMF Blue Riband, years ago, but it needs refreshing every so long and I have not kept up with it.

After re-reading my first post, I think I gave the impression that I'm a 'born again' (there's that phrase again) biker but nothing could be further from the truth, riding every day apart from in the VERY worst of the weather. I'm passionate about my biking (I prefer to call myself a 'motorcyclist' rather than a biker) but don't know a lot about all the latest models etc. and can't even tell these days what make of bike just went passed me!!!!

Martine, as you've probably guessed, I love the 'classic' looks, a 'proper' bike unlike the plastic rockets nowadays, which, as I've said, all look the same to me.
I'm still reading through the wealth of information on this site, before I stick my neck out and give my opinions, but rest assured, I'm likely to be a regular contributer.

Cheers for now

KK
Kawasaki-krazy

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum