RoSPA Retest Time.

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby BillZZR600 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Hi guys, I havnt been on, or around for a while of late for various reasons, including a change of Job, but thought I would break that lean spell with an update of today.
(I know its really Blow my own trumpet time, but am really really chuffed. :D )

I had my 1st RoSPA retest for the Bike this morning, with the area (A Serving Police Instructor) examiner.
For various reasons recently I had nowhere near the amount of preparation or even road time that I was wanting, and therefore expecting to perhaps find it hard just to maintain my previous Silver grading. I wasnt helped by the fact that I expected to finish work last night at around 10:30pm and didnt actually get away untill 2am. So of I went somewhat "bleery eyed" to the 9.30am test thinking I would should just treat it as a assesment and lesson to be learned, and as a chance for a run around, and could always stump up for a early paid retest in the spring.
However he has passed me with a GOLD.
Could have knocked me down with a feather, to the point I actually asked him "Are you sure about that?". His reply was that whilst from the Pre ride briefing and starting drills and the first few on road yards, it was obvious that I wasnt quite 100% on the ball, it was the fact that I appeared to "Zone in" so rapidly after that and went on to just enjoy a relaxed "Safe Smooth Systematic yet Progressive Ride" that didnt in any way seem forced or tried, told him that I did know what I was doing and was demonstrating AND maintaining it throughout the remainder of the almost 2hour ride.
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:35 pm

Woohoo!!! Well done!

Now don't go and get complacent in 3 years time :lol:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby OILY PAWS » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:40 pm

Congrats 8), Who was the Examiner?
OILY PAWS

Postby waremark » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:24 am

Congrats, that will put you under pressure when your car retest comes round to do the same!
waremark

Postby AlistairL » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:46 pm

Superb!
AlistairL, from Scotland.
AlistairL

Postby BillZZR600 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:10 pm

Thanks Guys.

And OILY PAWS his name is Stuart Watson. but I have since found out that he is no longer actively instructing as got promotion and he rides a desk now at Pitt St in Glasgow.
He used to be senior instructor at Strathclydes College at Jackton EK and was at one time AFAIK at Tulliallan
BillZZR600

Postby AlistairL » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:43 pm

Any idea how many examiners RoSPA keep in Scotland? I think I've heard of Jim Reynolds over in our neck of the woods.

Regards

Alistair.
AlistairL

Postby OILY PAWS » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:36 pm

AlistairL wrote:Any idea how many examiners RoSPA keep in Scotland? I think I've heard of Jim Reynolds over in our neck of the woods.

Regards

Alistair.

Not many I think, I wondered if it was JR that did billzzr600's test he , (JR) just stays along the road from here. 8)
OILY PAWS

Postby AlistairL » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:54 pm

OILY PAWS wrote:Not many I think, I wondered if it was JR that did billzzr600's test he , (JR) just stays along the road from here. 8)
It's a fine place, I was born in Forth Park 8)
AlistairL

Postby Renny » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:27 pm

I'll be meeting Jim Reynolds in a couple of weeks time for my test :?

Congratulations on a Gold as well!
Last edited by Renny on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renny
MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer (Note: Any comments posted here are my own views and not those of the MSA)
BMW 118d Sport Image
Land Rover Discoveryhttp://www.disco3.co.uk
Lotus Elise S2 http://www.scottishelises.com

Renny

Postby OILY PAWS » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Renny wrote:I'll be meeting Jim Reynolds in a couple of weeks time for my test :?

hmm you will, will you.............. :twisted: hehehehe
OILY PAWS

Postby BillZZR600 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:03 pm

Im not sure how many Bike examiners they have, but I do know that its only in the last 3/4 years that they didnt have to head over East from this area to be examined, usually AFAIK meeting at Grangemouth/Kincardine area.

Cars are different and in adition to Stuart who also does car tests we have Dave Arnott over here in the west
BillZZR600

Postby AlistairL » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:44 am

BillZZR600 wrote:Im not sure how many Bike examiners they have, but I do know that its only in the last 3/4 years that they didnt have to head over East from this area to be examined, usually AFAIK meeting at Grangemouth/Kincardine area.
That reminds me of the retest story my local diploma holder once told me - he filled out the form saying he wanted his retest in West Lothian, to be told to meet up at the other side of the Forth Bridge as usual :P
AlistairL

Postby Horse » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:48 am

AlistairL wrote:
BillZZR600 wrote:Im not sure how many Bike examiners they have, but I do know that its only in the last 3/4 years that they didnt have to head over East from this area to be examined, usually AFAIK meeting at Grangemouth/Kincardine area.
That reminds me of the retest story my local diploma holder once told me - he filled out the form saying he wanted his retest in West Lothian, to be told to meet up at the other side of the Forth Bridge as usual :P

I used to be in irregular contact with training groups all around the UK (from Cornwall to The Orkneys, via Northern Ireland!) and was talking to one bloke who lived about an hour South of Glasgow. He'd had calls from a previous organisation, asking him if, since he was "in Scotland" he could go off and do tests the next day - them not realising than he was nearly as far away from that location as he was from London . . . :roll:
Horse

Postby Renny » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Horse wrote:I used to be in irregular contact with training groups all around the UK (from Cornwall to The Orkneys, via Northern Ireland!) and was talking to one bloke who lived about an hour South of Glasgow. He'd had calls from a previous organisation, asking him if, since he was "in Scotland" he could go off and do tests the next day - them not realising than he was nearly as far away from that location as he was from London . . . :roll:

I'm sure the English get maps with Scotland to a different scale from the rest of Britain :lol: I recall being asked to cover a course in Avonmouth starting at 08:00 on a Sunday morning. The problem was I was working a full day in Aberdeen on the Saturday.

I was late, overslept by 5 minutes.... :)
Renny
MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer (Note: Any comments posted here are my own views and not those of the MSA)
BMW 118d Sport Image
Land Rover Discoveryhttp://www.disco3.co.uk
Lotus Elise S2 http://www.scottishelises.com

Renny

Next

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum