Bikesafe!

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby Rick » Tue May 06, 2008 3:27 pm

I did Bikesafe with my local police on Sunday and gladly the rain held off and I had an enjoyable day. It was good to get an insight into my riding from someone who knows what they are talking about. If anyone is considering doing this, please take it from me that it is a worthwhile day for all levels of riders, and in particular new riders or those returning to biking after a break. I don't fit into either of those categories but still had a good day. I rode my normal ride albeit slightly slower and i think that is the best way. Don't try to put on a show, ride your normal ride and see what is picked up.. you might be surprised. Most of all, give it a go if you are in the slightest bit tempted.

For anyone that is interested here are the comments which my observer put on my form.

" It quickly became evident that some "roadcraft" input/experience had previously been practiced. Good use of positioning and acceleration sense in maximising your safety position and it was good to see your thought process throughout the ride. Especially restraint when others would have disregarded "safety"
Positioning and use of the carriageway improved greatly and i found myself following your line on open country roads with no concern. A mature and competent rider. "

I didn't think 43 was all that mature :lol:

The part about the improvement in positioning was really that I was holding back a little on my positioning, and once we had a chat i went back to my normal way, hence my comment on riding your normal ride. 8)
Rick

Postby TripleS » Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Rick wrote:I didn't think 43 was all that mature :lol:

It isn't, and neither is 68....and as for 71....well what can you say? I reckon you've got to give up on the idea by then. :roll:

Anyhow glad you had a good day, Rick.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Rick » Tue May 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Thanks Dave,

Maybe we could have a N Yorks ride out, it's never too late to dust your helmet off!
Rick

Postby TripleS » Wed May 07, 2008 11:55 am

chriskay wrote:
TripleS wrote:....and as for 71....well what can you say?
Dave.

I'm not sure I like your tone, young man.

Cheers, Chris.

I'm not sure I do either. I'm reduced to a croaky whisper until I get some repair work done on my throat - if that's possible. Never mind, most other bits are still working, and I can still do the clowning with the keyboard. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum