Newbie - ROSPA Question Lothians

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby bsmart » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:29 pm

firstly I would like to say Hello to all, spent the last 3 hours reading posts - and I must say what a friendly and helpful community this is.

I’m looking to take some advanced Rospa Training, I live in the west calder area so any lothians based or travelling distance.

I have have recently passed my DAS. Whilst I’m confident on a bike, as well as practise, I wish have both assessment and instruction to take my riding skills to the highest level.

I understand that there may be no instruction available this year as well as waiting lists – I’m keen to start my training as soon as possible. Can you advise if any one has any planned instruction is available etc.

Bill
bsmart

Postby OILY PAWS » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 pm

OILY PAWS

Postby rlmr » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 pm

bsmart wrote:I’m looking to take some advanced Rospa Training, I live in the west calder area so any lothians based or travelling distance.

Bill,
Both IAM and RoSPA advanced motorcycling are based on Police Motorcycle Roadcraft so the training you get from either should be to the same high standard.

So if you get no joy with the local RoSPA Groups, try the local IAM Groups...
http://www.iam.org.uk

Either way enjoy it and get more from yourself and your machine :wink:
Rennie Ritchie
Home Page

IAM Examiner for Cars, Bikes, Lorries and Buses since 1986
rlmr

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum