Anyone on here involved with Cheddar Valley Bike IAM Group

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby jbsportstech » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:26 pm

I wanted to high light the arrogance of someone who rides like this with a hiz viz IAM vest nothing more nothing less when your respresenting any advance organisation you should set an example and ride/drive in a way that does not discredit anything that organsiation has achived in my mind.

I not without sin but I dont have high viz advertisement on either of my vehicles.

Thanks for that horse I am not going to waste time registering on there and rehashing it all over again. The comments have be passed to individual/CVAM and whether he gives them any wait or consideration is entirley up to them. Shows the arrogance dispayed my well be systemic within CVAM rather than isolated to this individual.

Maybe one day they will do it in front of a senior member of RPU in Somerset and then how will they attempt to discredit them as not fit to criticise there riders/observers as they have with me.

Dissapointing but both Nigel Albright and Jim Newman (Who reads these forums) of Avon and Somerset Police RPU think I was right to bring this to peoples attention.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Horse » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:46 pm

jbsportstech wrote:I wanted to high light the arrogance of someone who rides like this with a hiz viz IAM vest nothing more nothing less when your respresenting any advance organisation you should set an example and ride/drive in a way that does not discredit anything that organsiation has achived in my mind.

I not without sin but I dont have high viz advertisement on either of my vehicles.

That's something I'm well aware of, and definately ride differently when wearing a 'marked' bib.

Paradoxically, it's part of the reason I'd prefer not to wear them when out training, as I don't want other road users to react differently too me when they see 'INSTRUCTOR' across my bike.

However, in their wisdom, DSA have mandated that anyone involved with the Register of Post-Test Motorcycle Trainers must wear 'named' hi-viz, so expect to see even more of the hi-viz jackets of invincibility.

At the moment, I'm not on the RPMT, though.
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby jbsportstech » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Thank you Horse for defending me, good to know I have you onside.

I have msged this andy chap who is trying to discredit me on IAM board through their own forum

As for their Chairman PHil D I am impressed with the fact that he delt with it and dropped it and showed that the person at the helm of CVAM certainly knows how to behave and show decorum with reference to IAM. He although on these forums has not got involved in justification or a slanging match.

Good for you Phil I have some faith in your group because your at the helm.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby zadocbrown » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Moderators, can we not DELETE THIS THREAD?

It's not in any way a credit to this forum and I want nothing more to do with it.

The reason I am on here is that the quality of posts is generally high. I don't think this forum should be used to publicly 'name and shame' any individual, never mind each other. What kind of members are we trying to attract?
zadocbrown

Postby AndyW » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:33 pm

zadocbrown - well said that man!

James I'm disappointed again to come here and read your further comments/claims/accusations!
"....Shows the arrogance dispayed my well be systemic within CVAM rather than isolated to this individual."
Totally unfounded and without basis.

Before reading the latest here I had just responded to your message via our forum:
As for my comments, just my personal opinions (I am not CVAM 'management') which I felt the need to make as so often people read posts such as yours and take the content as being so without putting them into context as your opinions based on your perseption of what may have taken place, one side of the story.
As I said on our forum, it would have been good if you'd made contact with CVAM direct rather than post your story on ADUK where it has served no good purpose and infact had the potential to harm an organisation that works hard to promote additional training for motorcycle riders and is run by dedicated individuals who volunteer their time for no rewards to promote motorcycle rider safety. As for my closing comment Phil personally advised me that he has not communicated with you in any way, I know Phil well, I know his background, so on the face of it your claim to the contrary is strange.
Frankly I've had enough of this now, lets let it die a natual death now!

Oh by the way.....Jim Newman is not a police officer nor employed by Avon & Somerset Police force, he is the Road Safety Coordinator (Motorcycling) for Somerset Road Safety Partnership

No response required, like I said earlier lets just let this pointless discussion die a death!
AndyW

Previous

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum