Ouch

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby MAG man » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:36 pm

I was out riding yesterday and managed to get a bumble bee inside my leather jacket. Pesky little critter stung me on my left shoulder. Last time I got stung whilst riding I had a wasp in my crash helmet which stung me on my left temple area, that was about 20 years ago.

Anybody else been attacked by the native wildlife? I did hit a fox once, that was very messy.
MAG man

Postby martine » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Last year I appoached a pigeon who clearly had no road sense! :| It left it much too late to fly off and crunched into the front of my bonnet in a spectacular cloud of feathers. Left a few feathery marks on my car but no damage - although I suspect it ruined it's day completely.

I hear moose can be 'interesting'.

And just in case you haven't seen this..why did the chicken cross the road in front of a Porsche?
http://sportscarforums.com/f15/chicken-killed-porsche-7351.html
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Red Herring » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:08 pm

I had a blackbird (or similar) come up out of the hedgerow once when I was doing slightly naughty speeds. It hit me smack in the chest and hard enough to nearly knock me off the back off the bike. I was pulling blood, g..ts and feathers out of my helmet and zip for weeks after. Yuck!
Red Herring

Postby redrobo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:09 am

martine wrote:Last year I appoached a pigeon who clearly had no road sense! :| It left it much too late to fly off and crunched into the front of my bonnet in a spectacular cloud of feathers. Left a few feathery marks on my car but no damage - although I suspect it ruined it's day completely.

I hear moose can be 'interesting'.

And just in case you haven't seen this..why did the chicken cross the road in front of a Porsche?
http://sportscarforums.com/f15/chicken-killed-porsche-7351.html

with moose its advisable to hit the hind quarters, the lighter parts of the beast.
redrobo

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum