Pedantry

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby Zebedee » Wed May 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Here's something for whoever runs the ADUK forum ... enough of this discrimination against bikers, I say :!:

The Bike section currently states: "Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training."

I propose this is corrected to state: "Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Riding. Diamond, ERS, IAM, RoSPA/RoADAR, Blue Riband and OCN Level 2/3 Courses. All associated training. Motorcycle training."

This is because the High Performance Course doesn't exist for bikers (OCN Level 3 being roughly equivalent to HPC, IME) and there are other bike-specific certifications, e.g. the BMF Blue Riband advanced award and ERS certificate of competence.

Also, RoADA is now known as RoADAR ... to take account of Riders :wink:

:)
Zebedee

Postby Horse » Thu May 12, 2011 11:31 am

Well, if you really want pedantic . . .

The BMF's 'Blue Riband' was 'the ___ ____ Award' up from '88 up until about '96, and 'the ____ ___ Advanced Riders' Award' after that ;)

The acronym BRA was never used, Rider Support Services [ http://www.ridersupport.com/ ] might have objected :)

And 'BRA' is, to be really pedantic, a 'proper' acronym because it's a pronounceable name made up of a series of initial letters.

:D
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby IVORTHE DRIVER » Thu May 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi

I love posts which no sense to me whatsoever, it makes me realise I am not that very intelligent :D
2.5 Million miles of non-advanced but hopefully safe driving, not ready to quit yet
IVORTHE DRIVER

Postby Horse » Thu May 12, 2011 8:52 pm

If it's any consolation, in the part of the company I work for there are roughly 70 people, and apart from two admin staff I'm the only one who's not got a degree, or is a 'Dr' - we even have a Professor!

University of life, me :)
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum