First Trackday! Focused Events.

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby playtent » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:22 pm

Guys

Heading for my first trackday at the Silverstone Arena GP circuit next week. Having never done one before my friend is filling me with scare stories about getting knocked off by some plonker who can't control his bike (no he didn't mean me! Well I don't think he did! :roll: )

Any one here done a trackday? Are they well organised? Anyone done one with Focused Events either car or bike?

Cheers
playtent

Postby Zebedee » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi there,

I've done the odd track day on my bike with Focussed Events. They are well organised, safe track days. So you can relax.

As you probably know, the day starts with an early morning briefing. Listen carefully to this and stick to the guidance. They will put you in the Novice group, so you'll be with others in the same boat.

There's no pressure to go any particular speed. So you can ride at your own pace and enjoy the experience! My advice would be to go slowly in the first sessions, so you can focus on learning the racing lines, then gradually let your pace pick up naturally. Smoothness is much more important than speed. If you're smooth, the speed will follow. Also, there are normally instructors on hand, so it's well worth asking one for advice early in the day.

HTH
Zebedee

Postby playtent » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for the reply.
What a great day! I have to say the track is mighty fast and long, so takes some learning.
The setup was great and all went really well. The odd crash but that was it, only damaged ego's!
160mph down the straight makes you sit up and take notice I can tell you!

Cheers
playtent

Postby GJD » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:53 am

playtent wrote:160mph down the straight makes you sit up and take notice I can tell you!

I'm no motorbikist so what do I know, but sitting up at 160mph...? :)
GJD

Postby playtent » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:19 pm

GJD wrote:
playtent wrote:160mph down the straight makes you sit up and take notice I can tell you!

I'm no motorbikist so what do I know, but sitting up at 160mph...? :)

Slow's you down pretty quick!
playtent

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum