video

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby hanse cronje » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYh1FWYtUA

i found the above thought it may be of interest

reminds me of these series of videos which i think are very good, certainly better than the north yorks ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0JMS8QNe6E
hanse cronje

Postby exportmanuk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:33 am

Excellent riding but as other have commented on similar clips not the sort of thing you should practice without a lot of experience of advanced riding first. Also not sure as the BIB would look too kindly seeing a motorcycle heading their way at speed round a bend on the wrong side of the road. Ok if it is a proper traffic officer who understands but many driving around today don't have anything other than basic driving skills/training ( cut backs and all that). The group I ride with generally do not advocate off siding to associates.
exportmanuk

Postby kwaka jack » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 pm

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask about that ride. my lack of advanced riding experience will probably show here but hey ho.

At 5.10 both riders ride pretty close to a concealed entrance on the right hand side but they stay to right hand side of the road but at 3.13 they have a slide that says move over to the left to avoid any potential hazards as well as 4.27 with the same thing.

at 7.50 granted they move out to the right past a juntion on the left but oposite is an entrance to a field again fairly concealed.

Were there reasons for these mnoeurves?

Jack
kwaka jack

Postby kwaka jack » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Anybody?
kwaka jack

Postby playtent » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 pm

You have to consider each junction on it's own merits.
If it was the entrance to a garden center on a Sunday morning then you would show it some respect and position accordingly. A farm entrance at 10:30am may have some vehicle movement, but its unlikely compared to the junction at 3.13.
A field entrance is highly unlikely to present a hazard without other indicators such as dust off a field, mud on the road from tractors using the entrance or other farm traffic moving away from the area.
A pub entrance at 10am is different to a pub entrance at 10pm.

It's not a case that every entrance/exit is the same so you would position yourself depending on the danger that hazard is going to present, the same as any other hazard.

Hope that helps if you still haven't had the answer to that question.
playtent

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum