Missed opportunity

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby jont » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:23 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26848603

Shame there's no message about getting some training to learn how to enjoy these roads safely :roll:
jont

Postby exportmanuk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi
Agreed. Know this road well and he was riding it like a total plonker. Too much speed wrong position. But nevermind he has posted the video so Cheshire police have the evidence to charge him with speeding and without Due care etc.
exportmanuk

Postby martine » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:59 pm

exportmanuk wrote:Hi
Agreed. Know this road well and he was riding it like a total plonker. Too much speed wrong position. But nevermind he has posted the video so Cheshire police have the evidence to charge him with speeding and without Due care etc.

I'd have thought he 'qualified' for Dangerous driving...scary...he could easily have killed or seriously injured the occupants of the car he only just avoided.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TR4ffic » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:49 am

...and no mention in the report of the fact that he was (undoubtedly) breaking the 50mph limit or overtaking at/crossing the DWL's.

I always get the feeling that by not specifically highlighting these facts, whilst not condoning the acts, they're not condemning them either...

It would be interesting to see the whole video to see his ride in the lead up to the incident but easily DD I would have thought...
Riveting – The most fascinating job you could ever have..!

Nick
IAM Member since 1985
TR4ffic

Postby jont » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 am

TR4ffic wrote:It would be interesting to see the whole video to see his ride in the lead up to the incident but easily DD I would have thought...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYkuYg5qvPI
jont

Postby dombooth » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Quite a few times where he's asking for his head taking off by a car coming the other way..

Dom
Dominic Booth
Chesterfield IAM Chairman & Webmaster
IAM F1RST & RoADAR Gold

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE OF MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT THAT OF MY GROUP UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
dombooth

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum