IAM to drop requirement for 'progress'

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby Zebedee » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:10 am

Hi, does anyone know if the IAM concluded whether or not to keep its requirement to 'make progress'? Is the IAM Standards work complete now?
Zebedee

Postby Horse » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:07 am

Zebedee wrote:Hi, does anyone know if the IAM concluded whether or not to keep its requirement to 'make progress'? Is the IAM Standards work complete now?

So, you're really suggesting that the IAM can't make progress?
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Happy Hopper » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Im thinking about taking my IAM bike test, be keen to know if dropping making progress makes it a (little) bit easier for us slow ones!!
Happy Hopper

Postby Horse » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm not involved with IAM so can't tell you. Try Googling for 'advanced driving hub forum', register and ask there, as plenty of IAM and ROSPA people post there.
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Gareth » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Happy Hopper wrote:Im thinking about taking my IAM bike test, be keen to know if dropping making progress makes it a (little) bit easier for us slow ones!!

The requirement is only that you ride at the speed limit wherever it is safe to do so, same as the basic DVSA test. Are you saying you can't meet the basic licence-holder standard?
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Previous

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum