Hiya - I'm a new EDAM Associate - IAM

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby AlistairL » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:41 pm

Hi All,

A quick intro - I've recently joined Edinburgh Advanced Motorcyclists as an Associate, just did my second week with them.

Passed my test 10 years ago, took a break from biking, then got the money together last November and bought an old 1995 BMW R1100RS.

Since then had a session with a local Rospa Diploma/DAS Instructor, a ride out with BikeSafe and a bit of my own practising.

Decided IAM was the best for my budget for the time being, what a great crowd EDAM are - superb value for money.

And I'm under 36! (see the recent newsletter) I'll think of questions to ask soon..

Regards

Alistair Laing
AlistairL

Postby Nigel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, & to the IAM.

I've recently returned to bikes after a 20 year break, I'm loving it, but only ride on sunny weekends......my local bike group are on my hit;ist (they have invited me)
Nigel

Postby SammyTheSnake » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:30 pm

AlistairL wrote:Hi All,

A quick intro - I've recently joined Edinburgh Advanced Motorcyclists as an Associate, just did my second week with them.

Passed my test 10 years ago, took a break from biking, then got the money together last November and bought an old 1995 BMW R1100RS.

Since then had a session with a local Rospa Diploma/DAS Instructor, a ride out with BikeSafe and a bit of my own practising.

Decided IAM was the best for my budget for the time being, what a great crowd EDAM are - superb value for money.

And I'm under 36! (see the recent newsletter) I'll think of questions to ask soon..

Regards

Alistair Laing

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll have lots of questions, and I'm sure you'll get lots of answers. Occasionally the answers will agree with eachother :D

Cheers & God bless
Sam "SammyTheSnake" Penny
DSA A 2003/08/01 - first go
Zach 2003-2006 - 1995 Diversion 600
DSA B 2007/03/05 - second go
Ninny 2007-2008 - Focus TDDI
Unnamed 2008- Mk3 1.4 Golf
http://www.sampenny.co.uk/
SammyTheSnake

Postby PeteG » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:32 pm

Welcome!
"There's always another day, and I would rather miss a few than get one badly wrong." - TripleS, on overtaking.
PeteG

Postby BillZZR600 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:42 pm

Welcome Alistair,
both as a new member here, as an IAM associate, and as a Biker returned to the fold and understanding that there is always more to learn.

Ask away and Ride Safe.
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Postby rlmr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:11 pm

AlistairL wrote:Decided IAM was the best for my budget for the time being, what a great crowd EDAM are - superb value for money.

Welcome Alistair. The EDAM folk are a nice bunch and generally their Observers are very good. Hope to see you out and about.

Rennie
Rennie Ritchie
Home Page

IAM Examiner for Cars, Bikes, Lorries and Buses since 1986
rlmr

Postby BillZZR600 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:29 pm

My apologies Alistair, I had missed this post for some strange reason :oops:

Welcome to the Site, and I am sure that you will get on very well with the EDAM group some of whom I met up with in Penicuik last year whilst out with some of my own group. Nice bunch of folks.

Make sure that you ask all the right questions of Rennie while you can, as he may well end up examining you on them later. :lol:
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum