New Advanced Biking group in Bristol, UK

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving. IAM, RoSPA/RoADA, High Performance Course. All associated training. Motorcycle training.

Postby martine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:50 pm

Just to say that the new 'Bristol Group of Advanced Motorcyclists' had it's inaugral meeting on Saturday. This was a split from my own Bristol IAM group as they have now grown to a size where they can stand on their own 2-wheels. They are affliated to the IAM and my car group will continue to work with them in promoting advanced driving/biking in the Bristol area.

They are a thriving group of motobike enthusiasts who provide preperation for the IAM's advanced motorcyclist test and also arrange regulart social events.

see http://www.bammo.org.uk for more details.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby rlmr » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Good News, but you will excuse me if I do not visit too regularly as the 820 miles round trip is a bit OTT :wink:
Rennie Ritchie
Home Page

IAM Examiner for Cars, Bikes, Lorries and Buses since 1986
rlmr

Postby martine » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:26 pm

rlmr wrote:Good News, but you will excuse me if I do not visit too regularly as the 820 miles round trip is a bit OTT :wink:

Understandable but I'm sure they'd make a real fuss of you if you did though. Do you ever have reason to come to the West Country?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby rlmr » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:32 pm

martine wrote:Understandable but I'm sure they'd make a real fuss of you if you did though. Do you ever have reason to come to the West Country?

Not been in Bristol for a few years... think I was driving my friend's truck at that time during a week's leave :) .
I do get about a bit on the bike but have to admit it would be a lengthy trip as I try to avoid the motorway unless I am trying to catch up time. However I will not rule it out. I usually check the IAM web site and get details of the Bike Groups n any areas I am venturing into... if only to catch up with some folk I only see at the annual Bike Conferences etc.

Rennie
rlmr

Return to Advanced Motorcycling Forum