High Performance / Precision Driving Forum?

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby TripleS » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:59 pm

ScoobyChris wrote:Interesting discussion. I don't include my qualifications in my sig because I don't really see it's relevant (and they're not that impressive! ;) ). I have my own ideas on advanced driving based on my experiences/training and I assume these are taken at face value, after all imho advanced driving should be more about questioning and discussing why we do something, rather than seeking instruction on how to robotically achieve it.

As a result, I'm happy to listen to ideas from other people irrespective of their background (it's always nice to hear TripleS's common sense opinion)

That's if you can separate the wheaf from the chaff - but thanks, Chris. :)

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby crr003 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:The premise being that if you ask a question or pose a problem in that forum, it is answered with the relevant organisation's guidelines in mind.

Which will give you a range of answers from the sublime to the ridiculous, depending on when someone took that club's test, or based on the indoctrination techniques of the Observer/Tutor?

You only have to look at the IAM Forum (only for Members and Associates....(and the Management)). There's little agreement on there and they've all taken and passed the same test (well, the members) :shock:
crr003

Postby crr003 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:16 pm

chriskay wrote:Some might say iconoclastic :P

Some might, if they knew what it meant........... :wink:
crr003

Postby TripleS » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 pm

crr003 wrote:
chriskay wrote:Some might say iconoclastic :P

Some might, if they knew what it meant........... :wink:

I had that problem when Chris first stuck that label on me, but it turned out not to be a rude term after all.

Even so, I would think in terms of questioning the popular wisdom, rather than 'attacking' and 'seeking to overthrow' etc. - though I can think of some worthy candidates for the latter treatment. :evil:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Previous

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help