Cheaper Car Insurance - please register your interest

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby BillZZR600 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:27 pm

Registration done.

I havnt as yet sat my RoADAR car test, but I have done for Motorcycles, and when renewing my bike insurance found that a number of brokers and companies do have some form of discount.

However what I did find was that they would recognised an IAM/RoADA test,as evidence of advanced training, but when I told them that i have a RoADA Silver pass, was told "thats not on our list, except if its a Gold"

Without wanting to get into the totally pointless which is better, arguement I found that odd, given that a "Silver" is a very good, if not excelent pass, and surely at least comparrable.
Additionally as I am required to retest every 3 years to maintain my membership, and am therefore presumeably either currently retraining or at least continue to practice towards my retest, unlike (some) IAM members who may sit, and then never take another observed drive or ride again, whilst simply renewing their membership, I am statistically as good if not a better risk.
I eventually found a company that simply asked if I was a full member, and had to confirm my membership number, which happily was the best quote anyway.
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Postby crr003 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Are you saying they'd recognize an IAM test pass, but only recognize a RoADA pass at Gold?

That's not fair - IAM pass = RoADA Bronze.

Everyone knows that! :wink:
crr003

Postby BillZZR600 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:10 pm

crr003 wrote:Are you saying they'd recognize an IAM test pass, but only recognize a RoADA pass at Gold?

That's not fair - IAM pass = RoADA Bronze.

Everyone knows that! :wink:

That seemed to be what they were saying, and it was two or three who said so.

When you can be bothered try one or two online quotes and when and if you get a section which askes about advanced training, most of the ones that do have in the dropdown boxes IAM, RoSPA-Gold ???!!!!!

As for grading passes who am I to say, but my RoSPA examiner just may agree, and as it says in the pretest notes, The Examiners descision is final. :lol:
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Previous

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help