Cheaper Car Insurance - please register your interest

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Darren » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:24 pm

The first thing I've been asked whenever talking to people about Advanced Driving is "do you get cheaper car insurance". The answer I usually give is, probably not but your more likely to keep your no claims bonus for longer.

The reality is, many companies do offer discounts and since starting this website we've been investigating options and in discussion with insurance broker's and underwriters who have been willing to talk to us.

Now we need to add weight to our cause. There are approximately 300,000 people in the UK that have passed an Advanced Driving test at some point or another. What we would like to do, is capture as many people as possible with details of the test they passed, or the course they are undertaking to approach insurance companies, with a strong case to offer advanced drivers a better discount.

Not just for reasons of group discounts due to the number of people, but also because of the safety record. After all, Advanced Driver's have been proven (according to Roadcraft, and the TRL and including all the marketing material used by the IAM, RoSPA and the HPC) to be 50% to 75% less likely to be involved in an accident.

How much is that worth in an insurance premium reduction. Of course, the cost of insurance alone is not the only reason to become an advanced driver, there is also the cost of fuel and wear and tear on the vehicle. All adding up to reduce your motoring costs.

If you would like to help, all we ask is that you complete the registration form and in return, we will continue to negotiate on behalf of Advanced Driver's in the UK.

If you know of any advanced drivers, in your group, in your family, please forward this on, the more registrations of interest we recieve, the more weight it adds to the case.

WATCH THIS SPACE
Last edited by Darren on Mon May 29, 2006 10:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
Darren

Postby kevdyas » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:53 pm

Submitted :D
DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Pass Plus & IAM Registered Instructor | RoSPA RoADAR Gold | DIAmond Advanced Motorist
A2OM BTEC in Driving Science affiliated ADI
kevdyas

Postby AdamW » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 pm

Submitted too.

:D
Despite their large numbers ants flow freely because of their understanding and purpose. As a driver your job is to move in, within, and out of the flow of traffic causing the minimum disruption and upset to others. Everyone then benefits, including you.
AdamW

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:25 pm

Thats 2 submissions and a KO. (if anyone can remember the days of Big daddy) ;)
Rick

Postby AdamW » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:27 pm

Rick wrote:Thats 2 submissions and a KO. (if anyone can remember the days of Big daddy) ;)

Saturday evening wrestling, thats going back some. :wink: :lol:
Despite their large numbers ants flow freely because of their understanding and purpose. As a driver your job is to move in, within, and out of the flow of traffic causing the minimum disruption and upset to others. Everyone then benefits, including you.
AdamW

Postby LEF » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:26 pm

make it 3 submissions ;)
LEF

Postby Nigel » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:56 pm

mines done too, but I didn't post it here.
Nigel

Postby AquilaEagle » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:48 am

Some insurance companies already offer this. My sister got some discount when she passed her IAM.

Another thought Darren, have you asked all the local groups and or the IAM to publicise this site in their publications?
AquilaEagle

Postby Darren » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:23 pm

AquilaEagle wrote:Another thought Darren, have you asked all the local groups and or the IAM to publicise this site in their publications?

The IAM are not in the least bit interested in this website as a tool to grow the IAM as an organisation.
Darren

Postby kevdyas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:04 pm

On the other hand RoADA (or RoADAR as they are now known) has added this website to their links page!

Kev.
DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Pass Plus & IAM Registered Instructor | RoSPA RoADAR Gold | DIAmond Advanced Motorist
A2OM BTEC in Driving Science affiliated ADI
kevdyas

Postby AquilaEagle » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:48 pm

Darren wrote:
AquilaEagle wrote:Another thought Darren, have you asked all the local groups and or the IAM to publicise this site in their publications?

The IAM are not in the least bit interested in this website as a tool to grow the IAM as an organisation.
Sums up their whole attitude IMHO
AquilaEagle

Postby AquilaEagle » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:49 pm

kevdyas wrote:On the other hand RoADA (or RoADAR as they are now known) has added this website to their links page!

Kev.
RoSPA and RoADA are the same thing, right?
AquilaEagle

Postby Darren » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:53 pm

RoSPA = Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
RoADAR (was RoADA) = RoSPA Advanced Drivers And Riders (was RoSPA Advanced Drivers Association)

Basically, RoADAR are an affiliated part of RoSPA.
Darren

Postby Dandu71 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:22 pm

Not all insurance companies recognise IAM or DIA through my experience and I`ve been in the position where I`ve been offered a discount for doing Pass Plus but not IAM or DIA!! How can this be!! My advice is to go with the insurance companies the relavent advanced body recommends.
LGV C+E
IAM Car
IAM Motorcycle
DIAmond Advanced
DIAmond Special
Dandu71

Postby Darren » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:39 pm

Dandu71 wrote:Not all insurance companies recognise IAM or DIA through my experience and I`ve been in the position where I`ve been offered a discount for doing Pass Plus but not IAM or DIA!! How can this be!! My advice is to go with the insurance companies the relavent advanced body recommends.

Usually where an organisation recommend a company, they tend to not be:

a). the cheapest
b). they are obviously promoting the company as they get kickback
c). One single company will not be the cheapest for all members

There is only one way really to cheaper insurance. Shop around and not just 5 or 6 phone calls....the deviation could easily be as much as £1000.
Darren

Next

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help