Topic watch update

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:53 am

Hi all,

I have finally managed to include the topic text in notification emails on the site.

There are various ways I could have got this to work, but I've gone for the easiest in terms of modifications. i.e. the system will send you the email letting you know of a topic reply. It will now also include the contents/text of the topic reply in the email.

It will also send you an email even if it is you that made the post/reply to the thread you are watching (I can change this so it doesn't send you copies of your own posts but this would be global).

Normally it would only send emails from other people, but I have changed this so it works no matter who replies (well, as long as you are logged in and registered).

This works as long as you have clicked the "Send me replies to this topic by email" link at the side of one of the posts in the thread.

I am still refining this modification to the system so would appreciate your feedback.

Darren
Darren

Postby Flexibase » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:01 am

Thanks Darren for this useful facility which I now use.
However, although I admit to having no idea of its feasability, is it / would it be possible to register for replies to a whole section e.g. "Advanced Driving"?
David Wornham
Flexibase

Postby Darren » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:31 am

This is done via a different method. The public forum's are available via an RSS feed, you can use Feedburner to have all posts in a forum delivered via email.

There are links at http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/rss-feeds/ for you to subscribe to these via email.
Darren

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help