Cull?

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Horse » Wed May 21, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi,

Some of the boards have masses of 'sticky' threads, so that 'new' posts are not always obvious, making the boards less user-friendly.

Is it time for a cull of stickies, possibly dropping some in to a 'resource' section [BGOL, coaching, push-pull] or an 'old threads home' section?

Cheers,

Malc

And if it's too much work, just tell me to sod orf :)
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Darren » Wed May 21, 2008 5:53 pm

We can do that, you might also want to look at the "view posts since last visit" link which automatically shows you new threads since you last visited the site

http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/bb/se ... d=newposts
Darren

Postby Horse » Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 am

Darren wrote: you might also want to look at the "view posts since last visit" link which automatically shows you new threads since you last visited the site

http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/bb/se ... d=newposts

Durr . . . I remember now . . . I'd forgotten about that . . .

Ta ;)
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby ROG » Thu May 22, 2008 11:41 am

:idea: :idea: what I did was to click on the 'posts since last visit' and then put that into favourites - that way, when I click the link in my favs it automatically asks me to sign in and after doing so gives me all the posts since I last signed in to the site :D :D :D
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby Horse » Thu May 22, 2008 3:00 pm

ROG wrote::idea: :idea: what I did was to click on the 'posts since last visit' and then put that into favourites - that way, when I click the link in my favs it automatically asks me to sign in and after doing so gives me all the posts since I last signed in to the site :D :D :D

Use the words 'smart' and 'arse' in a well-known phrase . . . :D ;)
Horse

Postby ROG » Thu May 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Horse wrote:
ROG wrote::idea: :idea: what I did was to click on the 'posts since last visit' and then put that into favourites - that way, when I click the link in my favs it automatically asks me to sign in and after doing so gives me all the posts since I last signed in to the site :D :D :D

Use the words 'smart' and 'arse' in a well-known phrase . . . :D ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help