Timeout

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby brianhaddon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 pm

A plea to Darren -- Is it possible to lengthen the time allowed for inactivity before being timed out? Many times I have been reading threads, or conjuring up a reply, only to be timed out. I then find it laborious looking for other new posts (I do take the precaution of copying stuff I write).
Regards
Brian Haddon
PS Happy New Year
brianhaddon

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Brian

As far as I know there isn't a timeout on the site that would affect this. Do you tick the box to log you in automatically?

Darren
Darren

Postby michael769 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:56 pm

I get this at work (where I cannot use the sign in automatically -it's a shared computer).

My guess is that the sign in session has an activity timeout.
michael769

Postby brianhaddon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:29 pm

Darren wrote:Hi Brian

As far as I know there isn't a timeout on the site that would affect this. Do you tick the box to log you in automatically?

Darren

Hi Darren (& Michael)
Thanks for the response. I have tried ticking the box but it doesn't work on my home PC. Are there any settings that I should change? I am a mainframe man don't understand these PC thingies!!

Michael mentions the sign in session. Is this accessible?
Regards
Brian
brianhaddon

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Guys

Ive been looking at the session code most of the afternoon (there's alot of it, and I might have to give up).

Interestingly, if your auto log in doesnt work, this may be because cookies are turned off. This also has an effect on sessions.

Darren
Darren

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help