Time for a "report post" button?

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby jont » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm

What with contentious topics and spam now appearing, is it time to have a "report post" button? I don't think I'm being blind and missing it. Most other forums I'm on have one, so the mods can quickly be alerted to any threads that may need attention, and the button usually changes so that other members will see if a post/thread has been reported, although not the reasons why.

Jon
jont

Postby Darren » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:31 pm

jont wrote:What with contentious topics and spam now appearing, is it time to have a "report post" button? I don't think I'm being blind and missing it. Most other forums I'm on have one, so the mods can quickly be alerted to any threads that may need attention, and the button usually changes so that other members will see if a post/thread has been reported, although not the reasons why.

Jon

May need a software upgrade which I will look at in time (when I get some). Otherwise I code it manually. the problem is not the SW upgrade, its getting the template to fit.

The SPAM I am very annoyed about. I spent alot of time looking for a suitable CAPTCHA system, which on the whole works very well. To get through the system, a user needs to be manually entered. So the spam being posted is by human's not by robots. It's pointless reporting people for it, the ISP's won't do anything. Looking at options.
Darren

Postby ROG » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:31 am

www.trucknetuk.com - a site which I use a lot, has just sorted that out by going from a BB2 forum like this one to a BB3 style forum - not good on tech stuff - sorry if terminology wrong :oops: :oops:
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby Renny » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 am

I must have missed the SPAM when I was away. Keep up the good work Darren, this is a very useful and informative site.
Renny
MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer (Note: Any comments posted here are my own views and not those of the MSA)
BMW 118d Sport Image
Land Rover Discoveryhttp://www.disco3.co.uk
Lotus Elise S2 http://www.scottishelises.com

Renny

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help