Advanced-Driving.co.uk's 5th Birthday

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Darren » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:58 am

Some said we wouldn't last.
Some said the website would be gone in a year.
5 Years on - we are still here and this month is this website's 5th birthday.

In that time we have had 4.988million unique visitors and over 80million page requests and now average over 150,000 unique visitors per month and over 250,000 page requests per month with a number 1 ranking in Google for Advanced Driving.

The good news is that the site is still growing. But I would like to do more. It's clear ADUK doesn't have the stuffy image of advanced driving in general - what can I / we do here that really makes a difference?

I would welcome your feedback as I am looking for strategy for the next 5 years. We have the web base that works well. How do we use it to move forward and really make a difference.
Darren

Postby ROG » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:45 am

I think the only way to get more coverage would be to PAY MONEY to have it at the top of any search when someone googles for driving lessons etc - not quite what you were thinking of is my guess.....

Happy birthday ADUK :D :D :D
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby Darren » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:17 pm

In the past I have paid money for Google Adsense and havent found it makes alot of difference. It's also relatively expensive - it was costing over £100 per month for about 200 more visitors (on top of the qty we already get, that wasn't money well spend). As the site has a No.1 SE rank in all the major engines, the best thing to do here is for me to build on the SEO for the site to morphe into other areas. You'll find if you search for Learner Driving ADUK is half way down the first page of results.
Darren

Postby jont » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm

I don't know how the logistics would work out, but I seem to remember quite detailed discussion from The Youngster about an ADUK tour of Britain. I think you'll have got pretty much all the internet traffic you're likely to get from google, other forums etc so maybe we need to think how to appeal to those who aren't online?
jont

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help