Getting Young Drivers into Advanced Driving

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Nigel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:04 pm

I've gotten my scheme for the youngsters up and running :
http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/bb/vi ... .php?t=278
Nigel

Postby Darren » Wed May 24, 2006 9:54 pm

Some of you will know how passionate I am about believing we can do so much more to improve road safety in younger drivers.

I know Nigel is extremely passionate about it through personal experience.

I am a little dissapointed to the response on this so far and would ask, if you support what we are trying to do, please put your comments/signature to it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/G1725

There is also a link on the left hand side to "Young Driver Action Network".

Through this site and mainly through supporters, we will try and come up with ideas and views on what can be done to reduce accident rates. If we can fund it, we'll try.

If we do nothing, it gets worse.
If we do something, at least we tried.
Darren

Postby ROG » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:01 pm

:D I have an idea on how to attract young drivers attention.
How about all the advanced driving organisations getting together to form a new national group called, and I think you will like this, British Advanced Driving or BAD for short. :wink:
As young people say "BAD" and "WICKED" for things that are great, I think it might be a winner :!:
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby martine » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:14 pm

ROG wrote::D I have an idea on how to attract young drivers attention.
How about all the advanced driving organisations getting together to form a new national group called, and I think you will like this, British Advanced Driving or BAD for short. :wink:
As young people say "BAD" and "WICKED" for things that are great, I think it might be a winner :!:

Like it...be BAD.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Advanced Roadcraft » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:18 pm

CDAWG wrote:
martine wrote:[]

Insurance companies have to be the biggest problem. I think insurance companies are only concerned about money.Chris

Most companies are. Guess what? Businesses are all about making money. Their sole raison d'etre is to make profits. Welcome to the real world.

Best, B
Advanced Roadcraft

Previous

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help