The website in 2009

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Just a short bit of info as the figures won't change my too much.

During 2009, the ADUK site has grown again. Here's some stats for this year:

12.3 million hits
3.5 million page requests
1.2 million unique visitors
over 130GB of date transferred

BR
Darren
Darren

Postby TripleS » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Hiya Darren,

It's very pleasing to see that ADUK has progressed further and that your efforts are yielding some reward.

I think it's a good site and it deserves to succeed, but when I last looked at the membership figure (quite a long time ago admittedly) we didn't seem to be acquiring new members at much of a rate. Why is that, I wonder, when PistonHeads seems to have zoomed from about 30,000 when I joined them about six years ago, and last I heard it was well over the 100,000 mark?

Membership numbers aren't the whole story of course, but I feel sure this site could be helpful to a great many more road users if only they would come on board. Maybe some of the lurkers will come out of hiding and tell us what they think.

BTW, if we're correctly told that 75% of statistics are made up on the spot, which one of your four figures is right? ;)

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks Dave. I can tell you all those stats come straight from the web server logs. So if the log files are wrong, the stats are wrong.

On the new members front, I'm not sure how many people know it is quite common for lots of fake accounts to be created. If the sign up system was left to the standard system, we would have several thousand members, although most would be fake. There are more members on the email list (couple of thousand), than registered for the forum.
Darren

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help