Driving Day Andover April 17th 2010

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby ScoobyChris » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Announcing a day of driving and discussion based somewhere in the area around Andover on Saturday 17th April 2010.

The format is that each person takes it in turn to drive their own car around one of the short pre-set routes, (35-45 miles), with one or two others sitting in to navigate and discuss aspects of the driving as they come up. The plan is that this takes place in a friendly atmosphere, so that everybody has a good time and ends up wanting to do it again. Ideally everyone learns some more about driving as well

More information is available in the members area of the forum; if you would like to know more but haven't already joined, use the Join/Register link in the horizontal menu bar underneath the banner image at the top of each page. There is nothing to pay to join ADUK and the only costs for the Driving Day are your own fuel and refreshments.
ScoobyChris

Postby Li » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:08 am

I hope you all will have a great time. I wonder if it is possible to videotape the event and put the excellent parts of it on the internet so that people outside UK like me could see it?
Li

Postby ScoobyChris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi Li,

That's certainly an interesting idea - was there any particular aspects of the day you were keen to be captured? The typical format is that everyone arrives, we then go off in pairs driving, have lunch, go off in pairs driving again and then go home or go driving in pairs again. :lol:

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby Li » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 am

Hello, Chris,

Probably you guys would have a nice cup of English tea as well after the driving. :D That would make it a perfect day.

Seriously I am very interested in the driving parts, which, after all, is why we are here. IT would be also very interesting to put the names to faces.

It is really just a random thought. Please don't take it as an obligation. Even if you do it I assume the clips would be put in the Youtube, which is blocked by the Chinese government. That means I still cannot see it.

Li
Li

Postby christopherwk » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:34 am

There's some photos from the Northamptonshire/Oxfordshire drive thread.
christopherwk

Postby ScoobyChris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 am

Li wrote:Probably you guys would have a nice cup of English tea as well after the driving. :D That would make it a perfect day.

Seriously I am very interested in the driving parts, which, after all, is why we are here. IT would be also very interesting to put the names to faces.

I'll make sure I take a camera along so there will be some pice, although I'm not sure I have the necessary stuff to capture in-car video. Maybe someone attending has and is willing to put their driving up for scrutiny :D

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby jont » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:37 am

ScoobyChris wrote:I'll make sure I take a camera along so there will be some pice, although I'm not sure I have the necessary stuff to capture in-car video. Maybe someone attending has and is willing to put their driving up for scrutiny

I can supply the Muvi for the first part of that. I'm not so sure about putting my driving up to scrutiny :lol:
jont

Postby Octy_Ross » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:06 pm

jont wrote:I can supply the Muvi for the first part of that. I'm not so sure about putting my driving up to scrutiny :lol:

Go on Jon - I could do with a laugh ;-)
Octy_Ross

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help