Please don't feed the trolls/spambots

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby jont » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:40 am

For whatever reason we seem to be suffering from more spam posters. The best thing you can do is simply click the "!" icon at the top right of the post to report it. Martin/Darren will remove it once they are on line. Posts can only be reported once, so you might get a notice that the post has already been reported.

I suggest you don't quote the post or otherwise comment in the the thread as it makes more of a mess for the moderators to tidy up - just ignore these posts once they have been reported.

Jon
jont

Postby Darren » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:21 am

I can tell you the reason for this is that I had to remove the sign up method I had employed during the server move.
The sign up method that meant it was virtually impossible for a spam account to be created.
Now its easier for people to get onto the site, create accounts - but we will suffer with more spam because of it.

As Jon says - just hit the! key to mark it and one of the mods will delete the thread, block the user and delete their account.
Darren

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help