Capchas are almost impossible

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby jont » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:45 pm

I managed to get myself logged out (or cookie timed out), and logging back in got to the point of having to enter a Captcha. I know they're supposed to be hard, but it took at least 10 attempts and I was getting to the point of emailing to ask to be let back in :lol: Perhaps they're a little /too/ hard?

I'm also wondering if email notification are broken - I haven't had any for u2us for a while, and on asking to be emailed a password reset I didn't get anything. Nothing in my junk folder and I don't think my email provider spam filters automatically so I don't know if the problem is my end or ADUK end.

Jon
jont

Postby Darren » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:47 pm

I've made the captcha's a bit easier. Email is working fine as far as I can tell Jon.
Darren

Postby 7db » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Perhaps you're not human, Jon. :-)
7db

Postby jont » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Hmmm, given the upsurge in spam in the last couple of days, maybe they should be made harder again and I should make a better attempt to remember my password in future.... :evil:
jont

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help