'View new posts'

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Horse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:34 pm

I tend to use the 'view new posts', but rather than open the forum then click the link I have it saves a favourite.

Which has now stopped working :(

Any recent changes which will have caused this?
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Horse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:30 pm

In fact, even the /forum link isn't working until refreshed. Odd . . .
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Angus » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:13 pm

"The connection was reset" message?

I've started getting that too
Angus

Postby arrivealive » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:04 am

Horse wrote:I tend to use the 'view new posts', but rather than open the forum then click the link I have it saves a favourite.

Which has now stopped working :(

Any recent changes which will have caused this?

I use the view new posts and sometimes I'll get no results for a few days,. Is it a fault then as i thought everyone had just fell asleep?
arrivealive

Postby Gareth » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:41 am

Perhaps the server goes to sleep, and only responds immediately to front page accesses? I always go direct to the login page, and now always need to refresh it before it appears.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby Horse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:50 am

It happens the first time of viewing, on each machine used. Second and subsequent URL or refresh are fine.

The message is:

X Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed

Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved.

Try the following:
Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
Contact website: You may want to contact the website administrator to make sure the Web page still exists. You can do this by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the website home page.
If you are still unable to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.
Horse

Postby Horse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Nope, not just the first time. Several times since today . . .
Horse

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help