Should further Driver Training be Compulsory?

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Darren » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:48 am

According to over 100 people who voted on the ADUK website during August. 85% of people say yes!
Darren

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:23 am

Yes, but i would say that could be another misleading statistic. By frequenting this forum most people have either done or are considering doing further training. Ask 100 Max power types and i would expect a differant result. I think the word Compulsory scares most people to death these days.
Rick

Postby SammyTheSnake » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:13 pm

Rick wrote:Yes, but i would say that could be another misleading statistic. By frequenting this forum most people have either done or are considering doing further training. Ask 100 Max power types and i would expect a differant result. I think the word Compulsory scares most people to death these days.

I don't know if "compulsory" is the way to go, but lots of big incentives makes sense to me.

I personally favour a scheme whereby a newly qualified driver is limited in the power (or whatever) of vehicle (s)he's allowed to drive and must drive with P plates (or whatever) until passing a more advanced test...

Cheers & God bless
Sam "SammyTheSnake" Penny
DSA A 2003/08/01 - first go
Zach 2003-2006 - 1995 Diversion 600
DSA B 2007/03/05 - second go
Ninny 2007-2008 - Focus TDDI
Unnamed 2008- Mk3 1.4 Golf
http://www.sampenny.co.uk/
SammyTheSnake

Postby Darren » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:32 pm

Rick wrote:Yes, but i would say that could be another misleading statistic. By frequenting this forum most people have either done or are considering doing further training. Ask 100 Max power types and i would expect a differant result. I think the word Compulsory scares most people to death these days.

I totally agree with you, I'm just spinning it the same way as every other organisation does that wants to get somewhere. Think of all the campaigns out there that don't tell the whole truth, especially the call from Direct Line re: creating 40mph zones in rural areas.

Who did they ask? hmmmm
Darren

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help