Complaints, Changes, Moderation etc.

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Darren » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:03 pm

Some of you will notice the mods have been removed from the list of people "moderating" the forums. This is because I'm putting a new moderator system in place to more effectively work on discussions/moderation (minimal) where appropriate. Ideally, I would prefer that this forum does not require any moderation because I would hope everyone would be grown up enough to work things out for themselves.

However, on occasion that doesn't happen and someone needs to step in to mediate.

The current process allows changes to a thread or post prior to impartial group review. Although I implicitly trust the moderators in their job and more often than not they do a grand job, I think it's also important that users also trust the processes we have in place to ensure moderation/changes to threads are fair, on topic and the right thing to do and I put that at the highest priority.

As such the process is changing such that only specific mods can change posts, but only on approval from a mod group.

Problems with the site forum or complaints re: posts should be reported to http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/contactus/ which will be passed for a short review by the team.

Upon a decision being reached, the user responsible will be informed any action to be taken (e.g. deletion, modification etc. etc.)
Darren

Postby ROG » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:08 pm

How come I now must sign in to view any posts whereas before I could see most forums without doing so :?:
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby Gareth » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:56 am

I imagine it might be related to moving the forum from running on a database under Darren's control to a database under Rob's control.

After all, if the real value of Rob's acquisition is the high number of page hits, and the forum is what's been triggering a page hit count for the non-forum part of the website disproportionate to its content, then it wouldn't make much sense to hide the forum away from casual readers for any longer than a transitory period.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby Advanced Driving » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:01 am

Gareth wrote:I imagine it might be related to moving the forum from running on a database under Darren's control to a database under Rob's control.

After all, if the real value of Rob's acquisition is the high number of page hits, and the forum is what's been triggering a page hit count for the non-forum part of the website disproportionate to its content, then it wouldn't make much sense to hide the forum away from casual readers for any longer than a transitory period.

It's all my fault..!!!!!!!

We are working on the problem :-)
Advanced Driving

Postby Advanced Driving » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:27 pm

It should be sorted now...
Advanced Driving

Postby waremark » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:19 am

I am seeing this on an Android tablet. The new look is much less clear and the FB and Twitter etc links on the left get in the way. Sorry to sound so negative.
waremark

Postby stv » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:58 am

On a windows phone there are some empty green squares on the left hand side which get in the way.
stv

Postby Advanced Driving » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:30 am

Hi - thanks for feedback, could you possibly email me a screenshot to rob@driversdomainuk.com

There are still a few issues to sort

thanks
Rob
Advanced Driving

Postby waremark » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Much better already, well done
waremark

Postby MGF » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:08 pm

It's a bit green. :?
MGF

Postby Advanced Driving » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:42 pm

waremark wrote:Much better already, well done

thank you :D
Advanced Driving

Postby Advanced Driving » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:45 pm

MGF wrote:It's a bit green. :?

I should make a facility where you can customise the colours....I know its an option
Advanced Driving

Postby Angus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Should the green boxes on the left of the screen have images in them? I can see from the links they're supposed to go to facebook/twitter/traffic/widget but a proper icon might be better (Win 7/IE 11)
Angus

Postby Horse » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:52 pm

Browsing on a Samsung Tab, so Andrioid, they have icons.
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Angus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Actually Chrome & Firefox show icons too
Angus

Next

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help